Safe Guarding the Well-Being of STTA Training Programmes
The STTA is mindful of the rapid development of the COVID-19 situation and we are committed to doing all we can to keep everyone safe.
In these extremely challenging times, I would like to seek everyone’s support. The health and safety of our athletes and employees are our priority and we are committed to doing all we can to keep them safe.
We act on the advice of our Government, especially the Ministry of Health, and proactively implemented a range of precautionary measures as follows:
· Monitoring temperatures of our athletes since 30th January 2020. Athletes with a temperature reading of above 37.5 Degree Celsius will not be allowed into our training facilities and will be advised to seek immediate medical attention.
· Monitoring temperatures of visitors to the STTA Toa Payoh Lee Kong Chian Training Hall, 297C Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, Singapore 319389 since 30th January 2020. Visitors with a temperature reading of above 37.5 Degree Celsius will not be allowed into our training hall and will be advised to seek immediate medical attention. We also captured visitors’ particulars for contact tracing.
· Display notices and posters prominently to widely publicize compliance with recommended prevention and control measures.
· STTA employees are monitoring their temperatures twice daily.
· STTA is regulating the number of athletes at our facilities to help increase the personal space and provide a safe training environment for our athletes.
· STTA steps up its cleaning at all our training venues to counter COVID-19.
· Athletes are encouraged to sanitize their hands before and after training.
· All athletes and employees who have returned from overseas between 14 and 20 March 2020 are placed on a mandatory 14-days Leave of Absence (LOA) from the date of return and are not allowed to return to training or work during this period.
· STTA has suspended our Zone Training Centres (ZTC), Junior Development Squad (JDS) and Youth Training Squad (YTS), Learn to Play and Continue to Play programmes with immediate effect until Tuesday, 7 Apr 2020 to coincide with efforts by schools and Sport Singapore to minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
· Athletes in STTA programmes were required to submit travel declarations during the Chinese New Year 2020 and March 2020 school vacation periods.
· STTA has cancelled several of its mass participation events and tournaments since February 2020.
Our precautionary measures are aligned with the government agencies, and we will continue to adjust our approach as necessary.
Meanwhile, STTA will be conducting in-house training and upgrading workshops for our coaches during the two weeks of suspension for our STTA training programmes.
The STTA seeks your understanding and cooperation in these challenging times. We will keep you informed as the situation evolves and thank you for your continued trust in us.
Ellen Lee, JP, PBM