The Singapore Table Tennis Association is looking for suitably qualified candidate for the following position of Assistant Table Tennis Coach, National Team (2 years renewable contract).
Assistant Table Tennis Coach, National Team (2 years renewable contract)
The assistant coach for the National women’s team shall assist the Head Coach to prepare and coach the National women’s team for 2020 Olympics, Major Championships, ITTF competitions and all other competitions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Head Coach in overseeing the women’s team.
- Assist Head Coach to develop training and competition plan for the National women’s team .
- Work closely with Head Coach and SSI to incorporate Sports Science into training programme.
- Responsible for the performance of players under his or her charge.
- Monitor and maintain discipline of the players.
- Assist to conduct Monthly Performance Review for women’s Team
- Work closely with the Technical Director to conduct coaching workshop for the youth level coaches.
- To develop youth players from Intermediate Squad for progression into National Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of coaching experience, including planning and physical preparation, sports psychology and sport sciences at National Team level. A club coach with proven results and experience will also be considered.
- A coaching, sports science and /or physical education degree would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good command of Mandarin – verbal and written (need to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates).
- Basic command of English will be an advantage.
High Performance Executive (2 years renewable contract)
Overview of Primary Responsibility
The High Performance Executive will assist the High Performance Manager (HPE) in the effective running of the division and execution of High Performance plans (HIPOP) which includes the management of National Team, Intermediate Squad, Junior Development Squad and Youth Training Squad.
The High Performance Executive will provide administrative support to the HPM, coaches and athletes.
- To assist HPM in the implementation of HiPOP on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare annual operating reports, annual applications for financial assistance and other reports as required to Sport Singapore, NYSI, MCCY and SNOC.
- To assist HPM in the delivery and management of Sports Medicine and Sports Science (SMSS) services to programme athletes.
- To assist the HPM in the administration of High Performance Management.
- Assume role of Team Manager for overseas training and competitions.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- 2 years of relevant working experience (Prior experience in NSA will be an advantage).
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player who is resourceful, adaptable and able to perform key tasks under assigned timelines.
- Able to travel overseas.
- Effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin (need to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates).
- Have passion for sports.
We invite interested applicants who meet our requirements to submit your detailed CV, stating your current and expected salaries to: email@example.com by 3 January 2020.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.