The Singapore Table Tennis Association is looking for suitably qualified candidate for the following position of Assistant Table Tennis Coach, National Team (2 years renewable contract).
Assistant Table Tennis Coach, National Team (2 years renewable contract)
The assistant coach for the National women’s team shall assist the Head Coach to prepare and coach the National women’s team for 2020 Olympics, Major Championships, ITTF competitions and all other competitions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Head Coach in overseeing the women’s team.
- Assist Head Coach to develop training and competition plan for the National women’s team .
- Work closely with Head Coach and SSI to incorporate Sports Science into training programme.
- Responsible for the performance of players under his or her charge.
- Monitor and maintain discipline of the players.
- Assist to conduct Monthly Performance Review for women’s Team
- Work closely with the Technical Director to conduct coaching workshop for the youth level coaches.
- To develop youth players from Intermediate Squad for progression into National Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of coaching experience, including planning and physical preparation, sports psychology and sport sciences at National Team level. A club coach with proven results and experience will also be considered.
- A coaching, sports science and /or physical education degree would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good command of Mandarin – verbal and written (need to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates).
- Basic command of English will be an advantage.