The Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) is committed to an employee-orientated, high performance culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement and the on-going development of a superior workplace.
STTA is looking for suitably qualified candidate for the following position of Head Coach for the National Women’s Team (2 years renewable contract).
The Head Coach for the National Women’s Team has overall responsibility to prepare and coach the National Women’s Team for 2024 Olympics, Major Championships, ITTF competitions and all other competitions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop the broad mid-term and long-term training plans integrating Sport Medicine and Sports Science (SMSS) based on Olympic Cycle.
- In consultation with STTA High Performance Committee, identify strategies for the preparation of the National Women’s team to qualify and compete at the 2024 Paris Olympics.
- To develop and implement a detailed annual operational plan incorporating SMSS and ensure implementation of the plan.
- Overall all in-charge of the daily training of the National Women’s Team including implementation of the fundamental training in the areas of technical development, SMSS and competition strategy.
- To prepare monthly reports on team overall performance and progress. Prepare competition reports and provide overall analysis on each player’s performance and progress.
- To collate with the support of the Assistant Coaches, and maintain individual athlete programme data including bio-data, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), competition results, performance monitoring and SMSS records.
- Responsible for the performance of the National Women’s team in competitions.
- To work with the HPE committee to fine-tune policies, especially in areas of talent identification criteria, athlete selection criteria, competition selection policy, athlete performance and monitoring system.
- To work closely with the Head coaches of the School Within School (SWS) and Youth Training Squad (YTS) to formulate and implement plans for the development of youth players for progression into National Team.
- Monitor and maintain discipline of the players.
- Work closely with the Technical Director to conduct coaching workshops for the youth level coaches.
- Develop assistant coaches within the National Women’s Team.
We invite interested applicants who meet our requirements to submit your detailed CV, stating your current and expected salaries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 1 December 2021
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.